Christmas Island Visitor Centre
The Christmas Island Tourism Association operates the Visitor Centre, at Gaze Road, Settlement. Staff can help you get the most from your visit with information about what to see and do, where to explore and other tips and suggestions.
A large range of gifts and souvenirs are available, including clothing, maps, books, postcards, jewellery, beach towels, bags and much more to share with friends and family or to remind you of your time on Christmas Island.
The Visitor Centre has a video viewing room where you can relax, rest, and enjoy watching some of the many fascinating documentaries produced about Christmas Island.
Our friendly staff can assist with the following:
• Information service – maps, brochures etc
• Booking service for accommodation, car hire and tours
• Business services – i.e. printing, scanning, laminating, facsimile sending and receiving
• WiFi Hotspot bring your own device or use one of the complimentary laptops. Vouchers must be purchased to use this service. WiFi can be accessed around the Visitor Information Centre after opening hours.
• Golf club hire
• Gift shop – wide variety of gifts, souvenirs, clothing, jewellery, books, local arts and crafts
• Lounge area available for watching a DVD or browsing magazine articles on Christmas Island
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Sundays: 10:00am - 12:00pm
Special arrangements apply for Public Holidays
Contact the Visitor Information Centre on + 61 (0)8 9164 8382 or
e-mail Christmas Island Tourism Association
Note: Personal Locator Beacons (PLBs) are now available for hire from the Christmas Island Visitor Centre. PLBs are designed to be carried by bushwalkers or solo adventurers and are actviated in the event of an emergency when immediate search and rescue assistance is required. It is recommended that any person exploring Christmas Island in the National Park, or in areas where there is no mobile phone reception, that a PLB is carried to alert authorities in the event of a serious emergency.