Freedive at Christmas Island
What makes Christmas Island one of the best freediving locations in the world?
- Perfect water temperature, 26-30 degrees all year round
- Very little or no current in most dive locations, courses take place in Flying Fish Cove which is protected from currents. “The Cove” is surrounded by high cliffs that protect it from the winds and swell that prevail from the south east most of the year.
- Great visibility, usually 20+ metres
- Accessible dive locations, with most being a short swim from the beach at Flying Fish Cove or a short boat ride of under 15 minutes
- Spectacular marine life, free dive with an abundance of pelagic, reef and tropical fish, spectacular coral and even whale sharks (November to April)
Freedive Christmas Island
Learn to freedive on Christmas Island with world renowned freediving athlete and AIDA qualified instructor David Mulheron.
Whether you want to improve your snorkelling or you’re an experienced spearfisher wanting to dive deeper for longer, taking a freediving course is the best way to learn to improve your skills to freedive safely and confidently.