This week Federal Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment, the Hon Dan Tehan MP and Mr Brad Farmer AM announced the 2022 Best Australian Beaches, featuring Christmas Island’s very own Ethel Beach!
Fringed with dense tropical foliage, Ethel Beach is the quintessential Robison Crusoe beach experience. Situated on the eastern side of Christmas Island this stunning little beach is a favorite for locals, visitors, and Friend of Tourism Australia beach expert Brad Farmer AM.
“It’s summer again and after a long year of lockdowns, Australians everywhere are keen to finally get some sand between their toes and holiday at home this year on the world’s most diverse and magnificent selection of beaches,” Mr Farmer said.
“With more than 11,000 beaches to choose from, narrowing down the top 20 beaches must be one of the toughest jobs in Australia,” Mr Tehan said.
“The 2022 list covers every state and territory, with a selection of our most spectacular beaches that will inspire and excite holidaymakers all over Australia and the world”.
Australia is home to more beaches than any other country in the world, and we’re pretty chuffed that our humble little beach has been recognised as one of the very best in Australia!
Download the Best Australian Beaches 2022 Flyer HERE
‘TOP 20’ BEST AUSTRALIAN BEACHES FOR 2022
- Misery Beach, Albany WA
- Horseshoe Bay, South West Rocks, NSW
- The Spit, Gold Coast, QLD
- Flaherty’s Beach, Yorke Peninsula, SA
- Loch Ard Gorge, Port Campbell, VIC
- The Neck, Bruny Island, TAS
- Blue Pearl Bay, Whitsundays, QLD
- Depot Beach, South Coast, NSW
- Murrays Beach, Jervis Bay Territory, ACT/NSW
- Dundee Beach, Darwin, NT
- Dudley Beach, Newcastle, NSW
- Thompsons Beach, Cobram, Rural, VIC
- Coogee Beach, Perth, WA
- Mots Beach, Marlo, VIC
- Alexandria Bay, Noosa, QLD
- Emu Bay, Kangaroo Island, SA
- Lake Wabby, K’Gari (Fraser Is), QLD
- Congwong Beach, Sydney, NSW
- Jellybean Pool, Blue Mountains, NSW
- Ethel Beach, Christmas Island, IOT